Sunday 28 September 2014

Quick Meal: Rice, Veg and Bean Medley

So I'm not entirely sure what to call the meal I made this evening, but it was probably one of the best things I've ever made (if I do say so myself!) But I think you need to try it yourself to decide if you agree.






Does it photograph well?

I just made enough for myself, so you can double/triple the amount of ingredients to suit yourself. I wish I doubled mine so that I could have leftovers for lunch tomorrow - BOO HOO :(

Serves: 1

Time: 25 minutes approx.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup brown basmati rice
2 spring onions
1/2 red chilli
1 cup tofu
Coconut oil for frying veg
1/2 cup black beans
3 stems broccoli
Sesame oil for dressing

To make:

1. Get your rice cooking. It's such mixed opinions on whether you should rinse your rice before you use it, but personally I never do. This will take about 25 minutes and is how long the dish takes to make in total
2. Melt your coconut oil in a wok
3. Cut up your tofu into small strips and fry on high heat for a few minutes
4. Turn down the heat and add spring onions and chilli (both finely chopped)
5. Add black beans and broccoli after a few minutes
6. Once rice is cooked to your liking, drain it and add to the wok for a quick simmer
7. Serve immediately and top with sesame oil (I think lime juice would also be really nice with this)

No comments:

Post a Comment