Saturday 27 September 2014

First Post: Going Vegan

Having thought about it for about a year, I finally decided to go fully vegan. This was a tough decision as I knew that it would come with lots of difficulties, especially in regards to eating out and going to friends' for dinner etc. However, so far so good. I am only eating vegan and not living the full vegan lifestyle. But hey, one step at a time. I am purely doing this for the health benefits. This time last year I started my first year at university and I was able to cook whatever I wanted for myself. I had never properly cooked for myself at home and so this was such a great experience and it turned out that I absolutely loved to cook and I was actually pretty good at it!

My health kick started off with smoothies... In particular, smoothie bowls - YUM! I think that frozen fruit is the biggest essential in order to create the perfect smoothie - bananas and berries in particular and I like to use these over ice cubes.



This was my first ever smoothie bowl experience and let me tell you... I never looked back!

This bowl consists of:

1.5 cups almond milk
1 frozen banana
Handful of frozen berries

Topped with:
Coconut shavings
Shaved almonds
Cacao nibs
Linseed sprinkles
Almond butter

This is possibly the easiest breakfast to make and it is so filling as easy to adapt. I sometimes add 2 or 3 bananas and chop some up as toppings. Over this year I have also discovered maca powder, acai berry powder, goji berries and many other things which I now incorporate into my breakfast bowls!




The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment